Attic insulation an asbestos risk?

I'm not a big fan of people who make out problems to be bigger than what they actually are. Or in other words, those types of people who're always pointing out yet another way that the sky is falling, and running around like headless chickens. For me, well, if I have old teeth fillings which might have a bit of mercury in them, well fine. I'll check with my dentist, but I'm not going to panic over it or anything. So maybe the ventilation in my home isn't the best, fine. Or maybe my bath water isn't as clean as it might be, fine. I'll live. I don't get the sense that I'll get sick from either anytime soon.

That said, it's quite a bit different when we're talking about something that might have something to do with lung cancer. I know of people who've died from that type of cancer, so certain things immediately aren't optional, such as smoking. I read an article recently which talks about asbestos attic insulation. Again, I'm not one to make a big deal out of nothing, but personally, I guess it's time I had someone take a closer look at what might be above my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment